Target Retirement Date - October 7, 2016

Monday, January 18, 2010

Enjoying a lazy day ...

It's Martin Luther King Day, a federal holiday, and I'm spending a lazy day at home. The automatic thermostat on the heater doesn't recognize federal holidays so the house is pretty cold ... and that gives me the perfect excuse to spend the day wrapped up in an electric blanket, reading a book.

Reading is one practice that I am very happy I managed to pass on to my kids. There have been times in my life when I was too busy to spend much time reading, but overall my idea of a perfect day includes lots of time with my nose in a book. If I can't stay home ... then a day at the library or a book store would be my second favorite time killer.

If James and I decide to sell our house and move into a smaller location, having a library and/or a book store within walking distance is definitely a requirement! I think her walks to the library in Siloam Springs was what kept Grandma Hall so active in her senior years.

No comments: